Solar powered vent/fan for the ceiling?

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

Solar powered vent/fan for the ceiling?

Post by pengyou »

Has anyone seen a solar powered fan to put in the rear ceiling of a 'stro? in the flat place that was designed for a ceiling vent?
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Solar powered vent/fan for the ceiling?

Post by dunedog »

I've just seen small little fans that hang or clip on a window.

To power a fan the size you are thinking about would probably require a fairly large panel affixed to the roof of your van.
Peter uses a solar panel on his trailer and if he sees this thread would have more info as to costs.
I know of nothing on the market at this time that fits the bill. I was interested myself last year in doing exactly that.
You might want to think about installing a vent and then uses a fan out of a computer. Other than that Fantastic Fans are great(not cheap) but run off 12V . I have one in my camper and it moves alot of air quickly.
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

I doubt that a solar-powered ventilator would flow anywhere near as much air as a standard roof vent wide open. If you ever do locate one, try to get the cfm rating for it. I'd bet it isn't much more than maybe 20-50 cfm. I know of old hookers in downtown Montreal that can blow more than that.... :whistle: :whistle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

zombie{[six]}
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by zombie{[six]} »

^ :D
crate 350 bored .60 over, 700R4, lifted...yada yada yada. Who cares what i have, ITS FAST AND I LOVE DRIVING IT!!!

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I know of old hookers in downtown Montreal that can blow more than that....
:muhaha:
Boy is sick sick sick. :yawinkle:

Got a little experience with solar water heater installs and looked in to solar attic exhaust fans for the house and found most said not enough CFM to move air in and out so doubt you'll get enough CFM to notice any change considering the small size of fan.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words