Need ideas for a Headliner Board

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Topic author
JimG
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Need ideas for a Headliner Board

Post by JimG »

I have a 1992 Astro CL with an overhead console and no headliner board. The interior of the van was seriously damaged by rain entering through a broken window in the sliding door and left to damage much of the interior.

The headliner board fell apart when removal was attempted. Is there someone that sells the boards or a template for making a new board?

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Re: Need ideas for a Headliner Board

Post by Kidhauler »

where are you located. I would suggest going to your local auto wreckers. I doubt that many people need head liners so you could probably pick one up cheap. Other than that I would use some fiber board kind of like peg board and cut it down to shape and cover it with fabric.
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: Need ideas for a Headliner Board

Post by Moreforles »

had a spare, but a buddy was doing a rat rod and I let him have the rear half of mine, which he cut to fit his needs....

Pull a part on the west side of Cleveland, must have crushed and sold most of their astros... as of last weekend, there was only 5 or 6 left that I saw, (one has nice high top, that I'm considering...) but not sure of the one on the east side or Akron... this summer they had several dozens there and I noticed that most that I looked at still had the headliners (I was looking for Transmission at the time) I wouldn't imagine they're want more that $30 or $40, but haven't priced them...

I'm hoping it I decide to go for the high top (if its still there) that I could get it for under $75. it still had all the trip intact..... including the lighting panels on the interior roof and sides of the high top.
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)